Fill Out Your Profile – Tell us a little bit about yourself. For each item you can set the visibility to public, yourself, connections, or all members.
Introduce Yourself – Say hello in the Roost forum.
Search the First and then Ask -It is likely someone has already asked the question. Search for your question first in the forums. If you don’t see it there or if more information is needed then ask away.
Participate – We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your suggestions. We want to connect!
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life
- Be tolerant towards other’s viewpoints; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align
- Respect the privacy and personal information of other alumni
- Communicate with courtesy and respect
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area may be moved to the correct sub-forum by moderators.
Please do not (We know, Chanticleerians would never ever do any of the following…)
- Make personal attacks on other community members
- Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others
- Post prejudiced comments or profanity
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks to other community members.
- Spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. It is okay to announce that you just published your book. It is not okay to continually promote your book. These forums are to learn how to promote books, not to promote books.
- Post Adult content. No pornography is allowed.
- Post large images. All images should be less than 1 MB. Images larger than 1 MB may be resized.
- Post Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed.
Use Messaging/Email/Forums Responsibly
- These tools are intended to keep authors in touch with one another, to help facilitate networking and to promote common interests. Some examples might include:
- Inviting local area authors to a networking event or to join a local writing club
- Helping to coordinate a meetup at a conference
- Reaching out to authors for advice, to reconnect or to join a group
- Messaging/email and use of personal contact information made available through the Membership Directory —including names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, for any commercial, advocacy, promotional, or political purpose is prohibited. Prohibited activities include solicitations for business or personal services, fundraising, cold-calling of any kind, mass-mailings, or broadcast e-mails.
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or accounts entirely. We request that all community members report behavior that violates our guidelines to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By logging onto the community and activating your profile, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.